Three killed in road accident
Kheda (Gujarat): Three persons, including a woman, died after a truck hit the autorickshaw in which they were travelling near Mehmadabad Road in the district on Monday, police said.
The incident took place early today at Khatrej crossroads near a temple on Mehmadabad-Kheda road, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Meena Bohra (30), Shakeel Bohra (32) and Ajay Bhil (30), all residents of Nadiad, police added.
Shakeel and Meena were husband and wife, while Bhil was their friend. The couple had gone to attend the birthday party of Bhil`s son in Mehmadabad, police said.
However, after the party, Bhil decided to return to Nadiad with the couple, police said adding that a speeding truck, bearing the registration number of neighbouring Madhya Pradesh, hit the auto-rickshaw, in which the trio was travelling and Meena died on the spot.
Mehmadabad police reached the spot immediately and the injured were admitted to a hospital, who later succumbed to their injuries.
The truck driver fled from the spot after the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!