Three killed in road accident
Kheda (Gujarat): Three persons, including a woman, died after a truck hit the autorickshaw in which they were travelling near Mehmadabad Road in the district on Monday, police said.
The incident took place early today at Khatrej crossroads near a temple on Mehmadabad-Kheda road, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Meena Bohra (30), Shakeel Bohra (32) and Ajay Bhil (30), all residents of Nadiad, police added.
Shakeel and Meena were husband and wife, while Bhil was their friend. The couple had gone to attend the birthday party of Bhil`s son in Mehmadabad, police said.
However, after the party, Bhil decided to return to Nadiad with the couple, police said adding that a speeding truck, bearing the registration number of neighbouring Madhya Pradesh, hit the auto-rickshaw, in which the trio was travelling and Meena died on the spot.
Mehmadabad police reached the spot immediately and the injured were admitted to a hospital, who later succumbed to their injuries.
The truck driver fled from the spot after the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan