Three killed in road accident
Kheda (Gujarat): Three persons, including a woman, died after a truck hit the autorickshaw in which they were travelling near Mehmadabad Road in the district on Monday, police said.
The incident took place early today at Khatrej crossroads near a temple on Mehmadabad-Kheda road, they said.
The deceased have been identified as Meena Bohra (30), Shakeel Bohra (32) and Ajay Bhil (30), all residents of Nadiad, police added.
Shakeel and Meena were husband and wife, while Bhil was their friend. The couple had gone to attend the birthday party of Bhil`s son in Mehmadabad, police said.
However, after the party, Bhil decided to return to Nadiad with the couple, police said adding that a speeding truck, bearing the registration number of neighbouring Madhya Pradesh, hit the auto-rickshaw, in which the trio was travelling and Meena died on the spot.
Mehmadabad police reached the spot immediately and the injured were admitted to a hospital, who later succumbed to their injuries.
The truck driver fled from the spot after the accident, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed