`Three names shortlisted for post of IIM-A director`
Ahmedabad: The governing council of Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad(IIM-A) on Saturday shortlisted three names for the post of new director, sources said.
"A consensus was reached on three names for the post of new IIM-A director, during the governing council meeting held today under the chairmanship of L&T chief AM Naik. They have been forwarded to the Union Ministry of HRD," a board member told PTI.
The Union Ministry of HRD will finalise the name of the new director after getting approval from the cabinet committee, sources said.
There was a delay of about four months in arriving at a consensus on three names by the governing council.
The five-year term of incumbent director, Samir Barua had expired in November last year. However, the director was given two extensions -- a first in IIM-A`s history. The term of his second extension will be over by March end.
"The agenda of board meeting aimed to derive consensus on three names," IIM-A Director Samir Barua told PTI.
However, despite being a member of the IIM-A governing council, Barua did not attend the meeting.
Among the prominent professors from the institute in race for the coveted post were Shailendra Mehta, Ravindra Dholakia, G Raghuram, Sebastian Morris, Rakesh Basant, Rekha Jain and Arvind Sahay.
The selection committee headed by L&T Managing Director AM Naik constituted to shortlist suitable candidates for the post of institute Director comprise Rama Bijapurkar, Mastek`s Non-Executive Director Ashank Desai, GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd`s Managing Director Hasit B Joshipura and Arvind Group CMD Sanjay Lalbhai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off