Three runaway cops held in Thanagadh incident
Ahmedabad: Three police personnel including a sub-inspector, who were on the run after three dalits were allegedly killed in a police firing in Thanagadh during a clash last year, were arrested on Saturday, a CID officer said.
"We have arrested sub-inspector K P Jadeja, constables Nathubha Jhala and Yogesh Gadhvi for allegedly firing at youths of Dalit community. We will produce them in court tomorrow and seek police remand for 14 days for detailed interrogation," CID (Crime) Dy SP S P Trivedi told PTI.
A dalit boy was killed on the spot and three others seriously injured when police opened fire to disperse the violent mob that clashed with members of other community at Thanagadh in Surendranagar district on September 22, 2012, after holding of a fair.
Two of the three boys later succumbed to gunshot injuries.
The CID was given the charge of investigations following a huge uproar over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites