Three runaway cops held in Thanagadh incident
Ahmedabad: Three police personnel including a sub-inspector, who were on the run after three dalits were allegedly killed in a police firing in Thanagadh during a clash last year, were arrested on Saturday, a CID officer said.
"We have arrested sub-inspector K P Jadeja, constables Nathubha Jhala and Yogesh Gadhvi for allegedly firing at youths of Dalit community. We will produce them in court tomorrow and seek police remand for 14 days for detailed interrogation," CID (Crime) Dy SP S P Trivedi told PTI.
A dalit boy was killed on the spot and three others seriously injured when police opened fire to disperse the violent mob that clashed with members of other community at Thanagadh in Surendranagar district on September 22, 2012, after holding of a fair.
Two of the three boys later succumbed to gunshot injuries.
The CID was given the charge of investigations following a huge uproar over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL