Three runaway cops held in Thanagadh incident
Ahmedabad: Three police personnel including a sub-inspector, who were on the run after three dalits were allegedly killed in a police firing in Thanagadh during a clash last year, were arrested on Saturday, a CID officer said.
"We have arrested sub-inspector K P Jadeja, constables Nathubha Jhala and Yogesh Gadhvi for allegedly firing at youths of Dalit community. We will produce them in court tomorrow and seek police remand for 14 days for detailed interrogation," CID (Crime) Dy SP S P Trivedi told PTI.
A dalit boy was killed on the spot and three others seriously injured when police opened fire to disperse the violent mob that clashed with members of other community at Thanagadh in Surendranagar district on September 22, 2012, after holding of a fair.
Two of the three boys later succumbed to gunshot injuries.
The CID was given the charge of investigations following a huge uproar over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred