Three-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Three persons, including a 65-year-old woman, were rescued on Friday from the debris of a three-storeyed building, a portion of which collapsed here allegedly due to ongoing renovation work on the ground floor, fire officials said.
According to Bodakdev Station Fire Officer M P Mistry, the incident took place around 11 am in Ranip area of the city where part of `Rupal Apartment` crashed.
Mistry said that a 65-year-old woman was rescued from the debris after an hour-long operation while two women had already been rescued before fire fighters reached the spot.
The elderly woman has been admitted to the civil hospital.
On the reason behind the collapse, Mistry said renovation work was in progress on the ground floor of the apartment.
"We are assuming that the renovation work being undertaken on the ground floor of the apartment may be of sub-standard quality, which might have affected the base of the building, resulting in its collapse," Mistry said.
Seven rescue teams are involved in rescue operations, which are almost complete, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon