Three-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Three persons, including a 65-year-old woman, were rescued on Friday from the debris of a three-storeyed building, a portion of which collapsed here allegedly due to ongoing renovation work on the ground floor, fire officials said.
According to Bodakdev Station Fire Officer M P Mistry, the incident took place around 11 am in Ranip area of the city where part of `Rupal Apartment` crashed.
Mistry said that a 65-year-old woman was rescued from the debris after an hour-long operation while two women had already been rescued before fire fighters reached the spot.
The elderly woman has been admitted to the civil hospital.
On the reason behind the collapse, Mistry said renovation work was in progress on the ground floor of the apartment.
"We are assuming that the renovation work being undertaken on the ground floor of the apartment may be of sub-standard quality, which might have affected the base of the building, resulting in its collapse," Mistry said.
Seven rescue teams are involved in rescue operations, which are almost complete, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Nokia in talks with Indian telcos over 5G networks
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos