Togadia files complaint against Tanvir, Zakia Jafri
Gandhinagar: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Pravin Togadia Saturday filed a complaint charging Tanvir and Zakia Jafri, the son and widow respectively of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, with trying to create communal hatred in the state.
Togadia, who came in person to the Ellisbridge police station to file the complaint, told reporters that he had been summoned by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team(SIT) May 10 on the basis of a false complaint by Zakia.
"I had then said that at an appropriate time I will take action against them which is my democratic, legal right," he said.
Togadia said that in his criminal complaint he has sought know, when, where and how he had threatened Zakia.
"The two should be arrested for conspiring to provoke communal violence. There provocation may encourage some jehadi, terrorist activity and therefore the need for swift action against them and all those involved with them," he added.
Togadia said Tanvir and Zakia had chosen to give their complaint to Director General of Police Mohammed Hussain Khandvawala "a muslim rather than at the police station as I have done".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- 2016 US Open: Novak Djokovic, Serena Williams named top seeds for season's final Grand Slam
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria