Togadia files complaint against Tanvir, Zakia Jafri
Gandhinagar: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Pravin Togadia Saturday filed a complaint charging Tanvir and Zakia Jafri, the son and widow respectively of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, with trying to create communal hatred in the state.
Togadia, who came in person to the Ellisbridge police station to file the complaint, told reporters that he had been summoned by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team(SIT) May 10 on the basis of a false complaint by Zakia.
"I had then said that at an appropriate time I will take action against them which is my democratic, legal right," he said.
Togadia said that in his criminal complaint he has sought know, when, where and how he had threatened Zakia.
"The two should be arrested for conspiring to provoke communal violence. There provocation may encourage some jehadi, terrorist activity and therefore the need for swift action against them and all those involved with them," he added.
Togadia said Tanvir and Zakia had chosen to give their complaint to Director General of Police Mohammed Hussain Khandvawala "a muslim rather than at the police station as I have done".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news