Togadia files complaint against Tanvir, Zakia Jafri
Gandhinagar: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Pravin Togadia Saturday filed a complaint charging Tanvir and Zakia Jafri, the son and widow respectively of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, with trying to create communal hatred in the state.
Togadia, who came in person to the Ellisbridge police station to file the complaint, told reporters that he had been summoned by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team(SIT) May 10 on the basis of a false complaint by Zakia.
"I had then said that at an appropriate time I will take action against them which is my democratic, legal right," he said.
Togadia said that in his criminal complaint he has sought know, when, where and how he had threatened Zakia.
"The two should be arrested for conspiring to provoke communal violence. There provocation may encourage some jehadi, terrorist activity and therefore the need for swift action against them and all those involved with them," he added.
Togadia said Tanvir and Zakia had chosen to give their complaint to Director General of Police Mohammed Hussain Khandvawala "a muslim rather than at the police station as I have done".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM