Togadia files complaint against Tanvir, Zakia Jafri
Gandhinagar: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Pravin Togadia Saturday filed a complaint charging Tanvir and Zakia Jafri, the son and widow respectively of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, with trying to create communal hatred in the state.
Togadia, who came in person to the Ellisbridge police station to file the complaint, told reporters that he had been summoned by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team(SIT) May 10 on the basis of a false complaint by Zakia.
"I had then said that at an appropriate time I will take action against them which is my democratic, legal right," he said.
Togadia said that in his criminal complaint he has sought know, when, where and how he had threatened Zakia.
"The two should be arrested for conspiring to provoke communal violence. There provocation may encourage some jehadi, terrorist activity and therefore the need for swift action against them and all those involved with them," he added.
Togadia said Tanvir and Zakia had chosen to give their complaint to Director General of Police Mohammed Hussain Khandvawala "a muslim rather than at the police station as I have done".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery