Togadia files complaint against Tanvir, Zakia Jafri
Gandhinagar: Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader Pravin Togadia Saturday filed a complaint charging Tanvir and Zakia Jafri, the son and widow respectively of slain former Congress MP Ehsan Jafri, with trying to create communal hatred in the state.
Togadia, who came in person to the Ellisbridge police station to file the complaint, told reporters that he had been summoned by the Supreme Court appointed Special Investigation Team(SIT) May 10 on the basis of a false complaint by Zakia.
"I had then said that at an appropriate time I will take action against them which is my democratic, legal right," he said.
Togadia said that in his criminal complaint he has sought know, when, where and how he had threatened Zakia.
"The two should be arrested for conspiring to provoke communal violence. There provocation may encourage some jehadi, terrorist activity and therefore the need for swift action against them and all those involved with them," he added.
Togadia said Tanvir and Zakia had chosen to give their complaint to Director General of Police Mohammed Hussain Khandvawala "a muslim rather than at the police station as I have done".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation