Top BJP leaders, Jayalalithaa to attend Modi`s swearing-in
Ahmedabad: Top BJP leaders and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will attend the swearing-in ceremony in which Narendra Modi will take oath as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow.
Heavy security arrangements have been made at the Sardar Patel Stadium where Modi will be sworn in as Chief Minister at a grand function at around 11 AM.
"Top BJP leaders, including L K Advani, Nitin Gadkari, Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu will be present for the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minister Narendra Modi," Gujarat BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja said here today.
"Chief Ministers of other BJP-ruled states and also of some non-BJP ruled states will be present," he added.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
Jayalalithaa is among the non-BJP Chief Ministers who will attend the ceremony tomorrow. Modi, who maintains a good rapport with the AIADMK chief, attended her swearing-in ceremony after her party swept back to power in Assembly election in Tamil Nadu last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister