Top BJP leaders, Jayalalithaa to attend Modi`s swearing-in
Ahmedabad: Top BJP leaders and Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa will attend the swearing-in ceremony in which Narendra Modi will take oath as Gujarat Chief Minister tomorrow.
Heavy security arrangements have been made at the Sardar Patel Stadium where Modi will be sworn in as Chief Minister at a grand function at around 11 AM.
"Top BJP leaders, including L K Advani, Nitin Gadkari, Arun Jaitley, Sushma Swaraj, Rajnath Singh and Venkaiah Naidu will be present for the swearing-in ceremony of Chief Minister Narendra Modi," Gujarat BJP spokesperson I K Jadeja said here today.
"Chief Ministers of other BJP-ruled states and also of some non-BJP ruled states will be present," he added.
Modi had taken oath as Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and then in 2002 and 2007.
Jayalalithaa is among the non-BJP Chief Ministers who will attend the ceremony tomorrow. Modi, who maintains a good rapport with the AIADMK chief, attended her swearing-in ceremony after her party swept back to power in Assembly election in Tamil Nadu last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof