Top BJP leaders to attend Narendra Modi`s swearing-in ceremony
Jammu: The BJP on Saturday said its top leaders will attend the oath-taking ceremony of Narendra Modi as Gujarat Chief Minister on December 26.
"All the top BJP leaders will attend the swearing-in ceremony of Modi on December 26," party`s national spokesperson, Rajiv Pratap Rudy told reporters here.
"We have registered a historic victory in Gujarat under Modi -- we congratulate him for his efforts," he said.
"It is BJP`s third consecutive term in Gujarat and the party will be forming government in the state for the fifth time," Rudy said.
Modi, who posted a resounding victory in the assembly elections, will be sworn in as Gujarat Chief Minister for the fourth time. Modi became Chief Minister for the first time on October 1, 2001 and subsequently in 2002 and 2007.
Asked whether Modi is a Prime Ministerial candidate for BJP, he said "Modi has been a senior national leader -- he has a national image -- before taking over as Gujarat CM, he was the party`s national general secretary."
"When our party makes any such decision, media would be conveyed about it", Rudy said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH