Top floors of residential building collapse in Gujarat
Vadodara: The top two floors of a five-storey residential building here collapsed on Friday night, hours after all the occupants had evacuated it.
"Mahavir Swami Apartment located in Kapdipole area of Raopura had developed cracks and started leaning in the wee hours today," acting city engineer of Vadodara Municipal Corporation Shailesh Mistr said.
The 16 families living there were asked to vacate and power and piped gas supply to the 30-year-old building disconnected, Chief Fire Brigade Officer of VMC HJ Tapariya said.
The residents noticed that the building had started leaning at about 3 am and informed the civic authorities. The fire brigade team rushed to the site and asked them to vacate the building after examining its condition, he said.
The top two floors of the building collapsed tonight and the entire area has been cordoned off, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH