Tourists coming to Gujarat will get liquor permits at airport
Ahmedabad: To bolster tourism, the Gujarat
government has started issuing liquor permits to people coming
from outside the state at the airport, a minister said today.
Gujarat, where prohibition policy is in place, has seen
tourists flow dipping over the years as compared to other
states, mainly due to unavailability of liquor here.
"We have started the facility to issue liquor permits
from the domestic airport for those coming from outside the
state from February 15," Minister for Tourism Jaynarayan Vyas
"Any person who does not belong to Gujarat can avail the
permit for liquor on demand after arrival at the airport,"
Principal Secretary Tourism Vipul Mitra said.
The permit entitles a person to buy liquor from five
select leading hotels having bar facilities, a tourism
department official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'