Tourists coming to Gujarat will get liquor permits at airport
Ahmedabad: To bolster tourism, the Gujarat
government has started issuing liquor permits to people coming
from outside the state at the airport, a minister said today.
Gujarat, where prohibition policy is in place, has seen
tourists flow dipping over the years as compared to other
states, mainly due to unavailability of liquor here.
"We have started the facility to issue liquor permits
from the domestic airport for those coming from outside the
state from February 15," Minister for Tourism Jaynarayan Vyas
"Any person who does not belong to Gujarat can avail the
permit for liquor on demand after arrival at the airport,"
Principal Secretary Tourism Vipul Mitra said.
The permit entitles a person to buy liquor from five
select leading hotels having bar facilities, a tourism
department official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation