Tourists coming to Gujarat will get liquor permits at airport
Ahmedabad: To bolster tourism, the Gujarat
government has started issuing liquor permits to people coming
from outside the state at the airport, a minister said today.
Gujarat, where prohibition policy is in place, has seen
tourists flow dipping over the years as compared to other
states, mainly due to unavailability of liquor here.
"We have started the facility to issue liquor permits
from the domestic airport for those coming from outside the
state from February 15," Minister for Tourism Jaynarayan Vyas
"Any person who does not belong to Gujarat can avail the
permit for liquor on demand after arrival at the airport,"
Principal Secretary Tourism Vipul Mitra said.
The permit entitles a person to buy liquor from five
select leading hotels having bar facilities, a tourism
department official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars