Transfer of Governor Beniwal is vindictive, alleges Vaghela
Gandhinagar: Leader of the Opposition in Gujarat assembly and senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Monday termed the transfer of Governor Kamla Beniwal as a "vindictive" step.
According to Vaghela, the transfer was an "insult" to the Governor`s post.
"She was tranferred in a very insulting manner. This is a punishment transfer becasue the state of Mizoram is smaller than many of our districts. This shows the mentality of BJP," Vaghela told reporters.
"If she was already set to retire in November, then why was she is removed now? This is a case of vindictive transfer because she stalled several bills of Gujarat government. To take revenge on Lokayukta appointment issue, BJP has transferred her," Vaghela said.
He said even a peon gets better treatment than the way the Governor was treated.
"This is worse than how we treat a peon. Even if the government wishes to transfer a peon to a far-flung area, it can`t. Such are the provisions," Vaghela said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon