Transfer of Governor Beniwal is vindictive, alleges Vaghela
Gandhinagar: Leader of the Opposition in Gujarat assembly and senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Monday termed the transfer of Governor Kamla Beniwal as a "vindictive" step.
According to Vaghela, the transfer was an "insult" to the Governor`s post.
"She was tranferred in a very insulting manner. This is a punishment transfer becasue the state of Mizoram is smaller than many of our districts. This shows the mentality of BJP," Vaghela told reporters.
"If she was already set to retire in November, then why was she is removed now? This is a case of vindictive transfer because she stalled several bills of Gujarat government. To take revenge on Lokayukta appointment issue, BJP has transferred her," Vaghela said.
He said even a peon gets better treatment than the way the Governor was treated.
"This is worse than how we treat a peon. Even if the government wishes to transfer a peon to a far-flung area, it can`t. Such are the provisions," Vaghela said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Revealed: What RCB, SRH players did on the night before IPL final!
- Housing.Com to achieve $10 million revenue this fiscal
- Jats protest outside Rajnath Singh's residence demanding reservation
- Attacks on African nationals: MOS VK Singh calls them 'minor scuffle', stokes controversy
- Fact alert! Anushka Sharma performed her own stunts in Salman Khan's 'Sultan'