Transfer of Governor Beniwal is vindictive, alleges Vaghela
Gandhinagar: Leader of the Opposition in Gujarat assembly and senior Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela on Monday termed the transfer of Governor Kamla Beniwal as a "vindictive" step.
According to Vaghela, the transfer was an "insult" to the Governor`s post.
"She was tranferred in a very insulting manner. This is a punishment transfer becasue the state of Mizoram is smaller than many of our districts. This shows the mentality of BJP," Vaghela told reporters.
"If she was already set to retire in November, then why was she is removed now? This is a case of vindictive transfer because she stalled several bills of Gujarat government. To take revenge on Lokayukta appointment issue, BJP has transferred her," Vaghela said.
He said even a peon gets better treatment than the way the Governor was treated.
"This is worse than how we treat a peon. Even if the government wishes to transfer a peon to a far-flung area, it can`t. Such are the provisions," Vaghela said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore