Tremor measuring 2.9 on Richter scale in Junagadh
Ahmedabad: Mild tremor measuring 2.9 on
the Richter scale hit the Junagadh district on Sunday, Institute
of Seismological Research (ISR) officials said.
The epicentre of earthquake was 12 kilometre North
East of Talala taluka in Junagadh district. The tremor was
recorded at around 11:52 am, they said.
An earthquake measuring 5.3 on Richter scale had hit
Junagadh district on October 20, in which around 12 people
were injured and there were damages to property in few
villages of the district. Over 300 aftershocks were felt in
the region subsequently and today`s tremor was also said to be
the aftershock of the last month`s quake.
However, no reports of casualty or damage to property
was reported today, district officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda