Tremor measuring 2.9 on Richter scale in Junagadh
Ahmedabad: Mild tremor measuring 2.9 on
the Richter scale hit the Junagadh district on Sunday, Institute
of Seismological Research (ISR) officials said.
The epicentre of earthquake was 12 kilometre North
East of Talala taluka in Junagadh district. The tremor was
recorded at around 11:52 am, they said.
An earthquake measuring 5.3 on Richter scale had hit
Junagadh district on October 20, in which around 12 people
were injured and there were damages to property in few
villages of the district. Over 300 aftershocks were felt in
the region subsequently and today`s tremor was also said to be
the aftershock of the last month`s quake.
However, no reports of casualty or damage to property
was reported today, district officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...