Truck with money, silver worth Rs 25 crore recovered in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A truck containing cash and silver worth Rs 25 crore, which was allegedly looted on the Bavla-Bagodara Highway, was on Tuesday recovered near Deesa in Banaskantha district of North Gujarat, police said.
The truck was looted late last night, police said, adding that they had immediately alerted police of other districts to nab the culprits.
"The truck has been recovered with the material near Bhoyan village in Deesa taluka. The exact amount of recovered material could not be established immediately. We were tracking the movement of the truck from morning," Ahmedabad (Rural) Superintendent of Police Gagandeep Gambhir said.
Deesa is located 170 kms north to Ahmedabad.
Deesa Police Inspector RM Bhadoriya said the truck has been recovered from Bhoyan village in the taluka but could not establish the amount of material recovered.
"We are questioning the driver and the cleaner of the truck for further leads," the SP said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday