Truck with money, silver worth Rs 25 crore recovered in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: A truck containing cash and silver worth Rs 25 crore, which was allegedly looted on the Bavla-Bagodara Highway, was on Tuesday recovered near Deesa in Banaskantha district of North Gujarat, police said.
The truck was looted late last night, police said, adding that they had immediately alerted police of other districts to nab the culprits.
"The truck has been recovered with the material near Bhoyan village in Deesa taluka. The exact amount of recovered material could not be established immediately. We were tracking the movement of the truck from morning," Ahmedabad (Rural) Superintendent of Police Gagandeep Gambhir said.
Deesa is located 170 kms north to Ahmedabad.
Deesa Police Inspector RM Bhadoriya said the truck has been recovered from Bhoyan village in the taluka but could not establish the amount of material recovered.
"We are questioning the driver and the cleaner of the truck for further leads," the SP said, adding that further probe was on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah