Tulsi Prajapati encounter: CBI examines BJP general secretary in sting case
New Delhi: CBI on Monday questioned BJP general secretary Ramlal regarding a sting operation related to Tulsi Prajapati encounter case in which party leaders were seen allegedly discussing ways to subvert the trial to save Amit Shah, close aide to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
CBI sources said Ramlal was examined for two hours by the agency.
They said the sting operation was done by an independent journalist Pushp Sharma who allegedly caught on camera the BJP leaders--Prakash Javadekar, Bhupendra Yadav and Ramlal--eight times during the period between July-November, 2012.
Sharma has alleged that three leaders during their conversations tapped by hidden camera discussed ways to subvert the trial in Prajapati encounter case by getting empty `vakalatnamas` (authorisation letter to the lawyer) signed by her mother which can be later used to put a dummy counsel for her during the trial.
She has filed a case alleging her son was killed in a fake encounter in which BJP general secretary Amit Shah is an accused.
However, BJP has claimed there is nothing "incriminating" against the three leaders in the sting operation.
Prajapati was a witness in Sohrabuddin Sheikh alleged fake encounter case. He was killed on December 2006, a year after Sohrabuddin Sheikh was shot dead in an alleged fake encounter in Gujarat.
The charges of attempting to subvert the legal proceedings have been denied by all the three BJP leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir