Twelve injured in communal clash
Anand: Twelve persons, including five
policemen, were injured in a communal violence in Petlad in
The police fired eight rounds to disburse the rioting
The violence started between members of two communities
in Sardar chowk area of Petlad, over a petty issue, yesterday.
A few vehicles were torched by the mob, and stones were
thrown, police said.
Tear gas shells were lobbed, followed by firing, to run
off the mob. One person was injured in the police firing.
Five policemen, including a DySP-rank officer, were
injured in stone-pelting, according to police.
An FIR has been lodged against 19 absconding men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam