Twelve injured in communal clash
Anand: Twelve persons, including five
policemen, were injured in a communal violence in Petlad in
The police fired eight rounds to disburse the rioting
The violence started between members of two communities
in Sardar chowk area of Petlad, over a petty issue, yesterday.
A few vehicles were torched by the mob, and stones were
thrown, police said.
Tear gas shells were lobbed, followed by firing, to run
off the mob. One person was injured in the police firing.
Five policemen, including a DySP-rank officer, were
injured in stone-pelting, according to police.
An FIR has been lodged against 19 absconding men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Being overweight linked to eight more kinds of cancer
- Pentagon probes possible civilian casualties in Syria strike: official
- Actress Leslie Jones' website hacked, nude photos posted
- Afghan forces hunt gunmen after American University attack
- Islamic State attacks Western-backed camp on Jordan-Syria border