Twelve injured in communal clash
Anand: Twelve persons, including five
policemen, were injured in a communal violence in Petlad in
The police fired eight rounds to disburse the rioting
The violence started between members of two communities
in Sardar chowk area of Petlad, over a petty issue, yesterday.
A few vehicles were torched by the mob, and stones were
thrown, police said.
Tear gas shells were lobbed, followed by firing, to run
off the mob. One person was injured in the police firing.
Five policemen, including a DySP-rank officer, were
injured in stone-pelting, according to police.
An FIR has been lodged against 19 absconding men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Does a corrupt govt influence the mindset of the youth?
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar