Twelve injured in communal clash
Anand: Twelve persons, including five
policemen, were injured in a communal violence in Petlad in
The police fired eight rounds to disburse the rioting
The violence started between members of two communities
in Sardar chowk area of Petlad, over a petty issue, yesterday.
A few vehicles were torched by the mob, and stones were
thrown, police said.
Tear gas shells were lobbed, followed by firing, to run
off the mob. One person was injured in the police firing.
Five policemen, including a DySP-rank officer, were
injured in stone-pelting, according to police.
An FIR has been lodged against 19 absconding men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Premier League 2016 Final: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Sunrisers Hyderabad — Preview
- Anirban Lahiri 5th in incomplete second round at Colonial on PGA
- Vijay Mallya seeks dismissal of ED's plea seeking his presence
- Leander Paes could soon be 6th in list of most doubles victories
- Narendra Modi govt celebrates 2nd anniversary; Amitabh Bachchan urges to educate, give equality to girl child