Twelve injured in communal clash
Anand: Twelve persons, including five
policemen, were injured in a communal violence in Petlad in
The police fired eight rounds to disburse the rioting
The violence started between members of two communities
in Sardar chowk area of Petlad, over a petty issue, yesterday.
A few vehicles were torched by the mob, and stones were
thrown, police said.
Tear gas shells were lobbed, followed by firing, to run
off the mob. One person was injured in the police firing.
Five policemen, including a DySP-rank officer, were
injured in stone-pelting, according to police.
An FIR has been lodged against 19 absconding men.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why