Twin city model to be replicated: Gujarat CM
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar are the twin city model of urban development which would be replicated in other cities of the state as well.
"The government will replicate twin city model of urban development for the cities like Halol-Vadodara, Madhapar-Bhuj and Surendranagar-Vadhavan," Modi said speaking at a programme of Gandhinagar Urban Development Authority.
He said the state government was mulling a revenue model to make the cities cleaner and it was also suggested to the Prime Minister for implementation in 5,000 towns of India on public-private partnership basis.
Under this model, polluted water would be treated first and then supplied to the farmers. The solid waste will also be converted into organic fertiliser and will be given to farmers," he said.
"The PM had praised the project and asked me to refer it to the Planning Commission. But nothing has been done even after one and half years has passed ever since I presented it before the Planning Commission," Modi said.
Modi also outlined the importance of metro rail project being developed between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar as part of this twin city project.
He announced that the state government is mulling to implement solid waste management and projects on water treatment, on a pilot basis in 50 towns of Gujarat.
The Chief Minister dedicated four projects and performed ground breaking ceremonies for nine public amenity works undertaken by GUDA, on the outskirts of Gandhinagar at a cost of Rs 165 crore.
These projects are expected to benefit 39 villages that falls under GUDA`s periphery.
Modi also announced a special grant of Rs 31 crore for the development of infrastructural facilities in GUDA region surrounding Gandhinagar city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'