Twin city model to be replicated in Gujarat: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday said that twin city model-Ahmedabad-Gandhinagar-of urban development would be replicated in other cities of the state as well.
"The government will replicate twin city model of urban development for the cities like Halol-Vadodara, Madhapar-Bhuj and Surendranagar-Vadhavan," Modi said, while speaking at a programme of Gandhinagar Urban Development Authority (GUDA).
Modi said that the state government was mulling over a revenue model to make the cities cleaner and it was also suggested to the Prime Minister for implementation in 5,000 towns of India on public private partnership basis.
Under this model, polluted water would be treated first and then supplied to the farmers. The solid waste will also be converted into organic fertiliser and will be given to farmers," he said.
"The PM had praised the project and asked me to refer it to the Planning Commission. But nothing has been done even after one and half years has passed ever since I presented it before the Planning Commission," Modi said.
Modi also outlined the importance of metro rail project being developed between Ahmedabad and Gandhinagar as part of this twin city project.
He announced that the state government is mulling to implement solid waste management and projects on water treatment, on a pilot basis in 50 towns of Gujarat.
The Chief Minister dedicated four projects and performed ground breaking ceremonies for nine public amenity works undertaken by GUDA, on the outskirts of Gandhinagar at a cost of Rs 165 crore.
These projects are expected to benefit 39 villages that falls under GUDA`s periphery.
Modi also announced a special grant of Rs 31 crore for the development of infrastructural facilities in GUDA region surrounding Gandhinagar city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur