Two-and-half-year-old rape victim passes away in Gujarat
Vadodara: A two-and-half-year-old girl, who was allegedly raped by her uncle, Tuesday died at a hospital here, police said.
A large number of people led by a local civic body member attended the funeral procession of the victim at Halol town near here.
The girl was allegedly raped and then thrown into a thorny bush on Friday night by her maternal uncle working as a private security guard at Virpur.
The accused, hailing from Nepal, had raped the minor on Friday night when he visited his brother-in-law`s (the girl`s father) house.
The victim`s father, who also hails from Nepal, had been staying in a room at a factory where he was working as a security guard.
A case of rape and kidnapping was registered against the accused at Halol police station, police said, adding that charges under Sec 302 (murder) of IPC was added today after the death of the victim.
After raping the girl on Friday night, the accused had thrown her in a thorny bush. Some youths in the area heard the cries and found her there. They saw the accused and handed him to police after thrashing him.
The victim`s parents had then taken her to a nearby hospital from where she was shifted to SSG hospital in Vadodara for treatment.
After she passed away in the hospital today, her body was buried at Halol.
The distraught mother of the victim demanded death penalty to the accused.
Trading and business organisations, NGOs, autorickshaw association and other bodies had taken out a protest rally in Halol on Saturday. They later submitted a memorandum to the authorities demanding strict and severe punishment to the accused for the heinous crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg