Two Delhi-bound flights diverted to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Owing to foggy conditions in the national capital, two Delhi-bound flights have been diverted to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (SVPIA), an airport official said.
The two flights -- Chennai-Delhi (of Blue Dart) and Kalitta Air`s Hongkong-Delhi -- have been diverted here since morning, an airport official said.
If the bad weather conditions (fog) continues in Delhi, more flights could be diverted to Ahmedabad airport, he said.
Flight operations came to a standstill at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi today due to dense fog which reduced visibility to below 50 metres and affected the schedule of over 50 flights.
The fog descended upon the airport last night and it become so dense this morning that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways rendering them inoperational, an airport official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?