Two Delhi-bound flights diverted to Ahmedabad
Ahmedabad: Owing to foggy conditions in the national capital, two Delhi-bound flights have been diverted to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel International Airport (SVPIA), an airport official said.
The two flights -- Chennai-Delhi (of Blue Dart) and Kalitta Air`s Hongkong-Delhi -- have been diverted here since morning, an airport official said.
If the bad weather conditions (fog) continues in Delhi, more flights could be diverted to Ahmedabad airport, he said.
Flight operations came to a standstill at the Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi today due to dense fog which reduced visibility to below 50 metres and affected the schedule of over 50 flights.
The fog descended upon the airport last night and it become so dense this morning that the runway visibility dropped to below 50 metres on both the runways rendering them inoperational, an airport official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!