Two get life imprisonment for raping minor girl
Vadodara: Two persons were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for raping a minor girl at Bharuch in 2012.
Principal District and Sessions judge RN Dave on Monday awarded the punishment to Sandeep alias Rahul Vinodbhai Chauhan and Kiran Vasantbhai Vasava. The duo were also imposed with a fine of Rs 25,000 each.
Announcing the verdict, the court observed that "a proper message should be sent to the society that such heinous crimes will not be tolerated, and no such acts will be excused," according to public prosecutor Jasubhai Rohit.
The incident took place on March 26, 2012 when the girl had run away from a Nari Sarakshan Gruh (shelter) in Bharuch where she had been staying.
The accused raped her inside a building and threatened to kill her if she revealed the sexual abuse following which she returned to the women shelter.
Later, she narrated the incident to the authorities and a case was registered with the police. The duo was subsequently arrested and the trial began.
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part II
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part III
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's mini Pakistan comment-Part IV
- Dr. Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of time management
- Uttarakhand forest fire LIVE: 1500 villages under threat, govt issues alert
- Vodafone appoints six investment banks for $3billion India IPO
- China hints at retaliation against US anti-dumping probe
- In home turf in Bihar, Kanhaiya Kumar all praise for Nitish Kumar, Lalu Yadav; slams Modi govt
- Realty firm Godrej Properties buys 49% stake in its arm Happy Highrises