Two held for betting on IPL matches
Rajkot: Two persons were arrested for
running a betting network on ongoing Indian Premier League
(IPL) matches, police said Thursday.
Nasruddin Sumra (25) and Vishal Racchha (24) were
arrested last evening from Press Colony area on Jamnagar road
last evening when they were busy in accepting bets on
phones on match played between Rajasthan Royals and Kings
Eleven Punjab, they said.
The crime branch sleuths raided the house in the
colony on a tip off and seized 11 mobile phones and a lap top
worth rupees 48,000 from their possession, police said.
Primary investigation revealed that the house was
owned by one Afzal who was in Ahmedabad for last two weeks for
his wife`s medical treatment and has asked Nasruddin to take
care of the house, but Nasruddin started running a betting
network from there, police said.
Searches have been launched to nab the king pin of the
network, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!