Two held for betting on IPL matches
Rajkot: Two persons were arrested for
running a betting network on ongoing Indian Premier League
(IPL) matches, police said Thursday.
Nasruddin Sumra (25) and Vishal Racchha (24) were
arrested last evening from Press Colony area on Jamnagar road
last evening when they were busy in accepting bets on
phones on match played between Rajasthan Royals and Kings
Eleven Punjab, they said.
The crime branch sleuths raided the house in the
colony on a tip off and seized 11 mobile phones and a lap top
worth rupees 48,000 from their possession, police said.
Primary investigation revealed that the house was
owned by one Afzal who was in Ahmedabad for last two weeks for
his wife`s medical treatment and has asked Nasruddin to take
care of the house, but Nasruddin started running a betting
network from there, police said.
Searches have been launched to nab the king pin of the
network, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren