Two held for visa fraud in Gujarat
Vadodara: A visa consultant and his son were arrested on Saturday for allegedly forging documents of four couples who wanted to go to the US, police said.
Deputy Police Commissioner(crime) Subhasj Trivedi said that, "The crime branch (detection) team arrested Mukesh Gupta and his son Nitin following a complaint lodged by the US Consulate in Mumbai".
"The police raided the consultant`s office at Emperor building in Fatehgunj area and seized many documents," Trivedi said.
The duo had allegedly forged visa documents to send four couples to the US who had appeared for an interview at the consulate some time ago.
The visa fraud came to light after the US Consulate verified the documents submitted by them.
"A police team is looking into the case because of its serious nature," Trivedi said, adding the accused have confessed to their crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report