Two minor girls raped in Gujarat district
Ahmedabad: Two minor girls were allegedly raped in two separate incidents in Valsad district, police said today.
A 13-year-old girl, studying in an Ashram Shala
(residential school) was raped by an unknown person in Rohina
village in April 2009 and a complaint in this regard was
lodged two days ago after the victim delivered a baby early
this month, they said.
The girl, a sixth grade student then, was lured to a
bio-gas plant in the school compound and then sexually
assaulted, police said.
"We are trying to trace the person who was
responsible of the heinous crime," Investigating officer A G
The other incident was registered in Dharampur taluka
of Valsad, where an 11-year-old girl was raped by one of her
relatives sometime between May and August 2009, police said,
adding a couple-- Vijay Vaghela and his wife Bhavna have been
arrested in this regard.
Investigations in both the cases are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS