Two minor girls raped in Gujarat district
Ahmedabad: Two minor girls were allegedly raped in two separate incidents in Valsad district, police said today.
A 13-year-old girl, studying in an Ashram Shala
(residential school) was raped by an unknown person in Rohina
village in April 2009 and a complaint in this regard was
lodged two days ago after the victim delivered a baby early
this month, they said.
The girl, a sixth grade student then, was lured to a
bio-gas plant in the school compound and then sexually
assaulted, police said.
"We are trying to trace the person who was
responsible of the heinous crime," Investigating officer A G
The other incident was registered in Dharampur taluka
of Valsad, where an 11-year-old girl was raped by one of her
relatives sometime between May and August 2009, police said,
adding a couple-- Vijay Vaghela and his wife Bhavna have been
arrested in this regard.
Investigations in both the cases are on, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof