Two terrorists enter Gujarat: Report
Ahmedabad: Intelligence agencies have issued a terror alert for Gujarat. Reports said the agencies believe terrorists from neighbouring Bangladesh could be hiding somewhere in Gujarat and may strike during the festive season.
According to the inputs received, suspects named Hasan Ansari and Saeed ul Haq could be hiding in the state.
Police in Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Bhavnagar have been specifically asked to stay alert.
The alert follows an advisory issued by the Centre which asked authorities in four metros besides Hyderabad and Bangalore to remain on high alert. The advisory was issued in the wake of a major RDX haul in Haryana.
Over 5 kg of RDX was recovered from a car outside Ambala Cantonment railway station on Wednesday night by police which claimed that it succeeded in foiling a terror strike, possibly in Delhi ahead of Diwali, plotted by terror outfits Lashkar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa.
The explosives were recovered following inputs provided by intelligence agencies ten days ago that a consignment of such material is headed to a north Indian metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh