Two terrorists enter Gujarat: Report
Ahmedabad: Intelligence agencies have issued a terror alert for Gujarat. Reports said the agencies believe terrorists from neighbouring Bangladesh could be hiding somewhere in Gujarat and may strike during the festive season.
According to the inputs received, suspects named Hasan Ansari and Saeed ul Haq could be hiding in the state.
Police in Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Bhavnagar have been specifically asked to stay alert.
The alert follows an advisory issued by the Centre which asked authorities in four metros besides Hyderabad and Bangalore to remain on high alert. The advisory was issued in the wake of a major RDX haul in Haryana.
Over 5 kg of RDX was recovered from a car outside Ambala Cantonment railway station on Wednesday night by police which claimed that it succeeded in foiling a terror strike, possibly in Delhi ahead of Diwali, plotted by terror outfits Lashkar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa.
The explosives were recovered following inputs provided by intelligence agencies ten days ago that a consignment of such material is headed to a north Indian metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS