Two terrorists enter Gujarat: Report
Ahmedabad: Intelligence agencies have issued a terror alert for Gujarat. Reports said the agencies believe terrorists from neighbouring Bangladesh could be hiding somewhere in Gujarat and may strike during the festive season.
According to the inputs received, suspects named Hasan Ansari and Saeed ul Haq could be hiding in the state.
Police in Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot and Bhavnagar have been specifically asked to stay alert.
The alert follows an advisory issued by the Centre which asked authorities in four metros besides Hyderabad and Bangalore to remain on high alert. The advisory was issued in the wake of a major RDX haul in Haryana.
Over 5 kg of RDX was recovered from a car outside Ambala Cantonment railway station on Wednesday night by police which claimed that it succeeded in foiling a terror strike, possibly in Delhi ahead of Diwali, plotted by terror outfits Lashkar-e-Toiba and Babbar Khalsa.
The explosives were recovered following inputs provided by intelligence agencies ten days ago that a consignment of such material is headed to a north Indian metro.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- December 16 gang-rape convict attempts suicide – Read Nirbhaya parents' response
- 1st ODI: Azhar Ali's 82 goes in vain as Jason Roy guides England to 44-run win over Pakistan
- Janmashtami: Watch Dahi-Handi celebrations from Mumbai
- Vietnam scientists spot rare endangered primates
- David Warner named Australia captain as Steve Smith heads home to rest ahead of hectic home schedule