Two youths slit their wrists at Modi`s fast venue
Ahmedabad: A young man and a woman were hospitalised on Sunday after they slit their wrists, apparently because they were not allowed to meet Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi, who is on `sadbhavana` fast, at the Gujarat University Convention Centre here, police said.
Vaishali Mackwana (24) from Saurashtra region was found with her wrist slit inside the GUC hall when BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu was speaking from the stage. Another person,
Dinesh Chauhan (22), slit his wrist outside the general entrance, officials said.
Both were admitted to the VS Hospital here. Their statements were yet to be recorded.
Mackwana cut her wrist allegedly because she was not allowed to meet Modi. A letter written in blood saying "Modi ne Malva do," (allow me to meet Modi) was found on her. She
even resisted the ambulance staff when they tried to attend to her and take her to hospital, officials said.
In Chauhan`s case, the reason was not yet clear, officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday