Two youths slit their wrists at Modi`s fast venue
Ahmedabad: A young man and a woman were hospitalised on Sunday after they slit their wrists, apparently because they were not allowed to meet Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi, who is on `sadbhavana` fast, at the Gujarat University Convention Centre here, police said.
Vaishali Mackwana (24) from Saurashtra region was found with her wrist slit inside the GUC hall when BJP leader Navjot Singh Sidhu was speaking from the stage. Another person,
Dinesh Chauhan (22), slit his wrist outside the general entrance, officials said.
Both were admitted to the VS Hospital here. Their statements were yet to be recorded.
Mackwana cut her wrist allegedly because she was not allowed to meet Modi. A letter written in blood saying "Modi ne Malva do," (allow me to meet Modi) was found on her. She
even resisted the ambulance staff when they tried to attend to her and take her to hospital, officials said.
In Chauhan`s case, the reason was not yet clear, officials added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video