UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani meets Modi
Ahmedabad: Unique Identification Authority
of India (UIDAI) chairman Nandan Nilekani on Monday discussed
measures for smooth implementation of the project in a meeting
with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Nilekani was made aware of the preparation of Gujarat
government on the project implementation in the meeting, an
official statement said.
During the one-and-a-half hour long meeting, Modi told
the UIDAI chief that his government was committed to develop a
UID model that could help bring in transparency in all kinds
of services, programmes and projects launched by the
Modi suggested to Nilekani that joint workshops could be
held with UIDAI and the state officials to ensure that the
`Aadhar` project brings all the people in the state in its
fold, the statement said.
The BJP leader laid emphasis on holding trial runs on
right kind of technology platforms and with trained workforce
for smooth roll out of the UID project.
"Gujarat is keen to implement the UID project provided
the national interest is not harmed in any way and at the same
time people are benefited by being able to avail rights," the
statement quoted Modi as saying.
Nilekani in detail apprised Modi about the benefits of
"Gujarat should emerge as a role model for others states
in the Aadhar project, which shall benefit the common man,"
Nilekani told Gujarat Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?