UIDAI Chairman Nandan Nilekani meets Modi
Ahmedabad: Unique Identification Authority
of India (UIDAI) chairman Nandan Nilekani on Monday discussed
measures for smooth implementation of the project in a meeting
with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Nilekani was made aware of the preparation of Gujarat
government on the project implementation in the meeting, an
official statement said.
During the one-and-a-half hour long meeting, Modi told
the UIDAI chief that his government was committed to develop a
UID model that could help bring in transparency in all kinds
of services, programmes and projects launched by the
Modi suggested to Nilekani that joint workshops could be
held with UIDAI and the state officials to ensure that the
`Aadhar` project brings all the people in the state in its
fold, the statement said.
The BJP leader laid emphasis on holding trial runs on
right kind of technology platforms and with trained workforce
for smooth roll out of the UID project.
"Gujarat is keen to implement the UID project provided
the national interest is not harmed in any way and at the same
time people are benefited by being able to avail rights," the
statement quoted Modi as saying.
Nilekani in detail apprised Modi about the benefits of
"Gujarat should emerge as a role model for others states
in the Aadhar project, which shall benefit the common man,"
Nilekani told Gujarat Chief Minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know