Undue controversies created about garib kalyan melas: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said his detractors are creating undue
controversies over Garib Kalyan Melas, which according to him
are initiatives by his government to reach out to the
underprivileged sections of the state.
"The Garib Kalyan Melas have ended tyranny of the
middlemen. Like satyagrah which led us to independence, these
Melas would help us achieve the ultimate goal of good
governance," Modi said while addressing one such mela in
Anklav taluka of Anand district.
Modi said that some elements were engaged in creating
controversies about the financial aid being given out poor
through these melas. "When they were in power they never
bothered about serving the poor," he said.
Modi cautioned the poor to identify such elements who
were creating undue controversies about Garib Kalyan Melas.
He said that the service delivery mechanism has been
transformed into a dedicated force and they were making
concerted efforts to help the poor.
"It (mela) is about improving the living conditions of
the poor in the state," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi