Undue controversies created about garib kalyan melas: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said his detractors are creating undue
controversies over Garib Kalyan Melas, which according to him
are initiatives by his government to reach out to the
underprivileged sections of the state.
"The Garib Kalyan Melas have ended tyranny of the
middlemen. Like satyagrah which led us to independence, these
Melas would help us achieve the ultimate goal of good
governance," Modi said while addressing one such mela in
Anklav taluka of Anand district.
Modi said that some elements were engaged in creating
controversies about the financial aid being given out poor
through these melas. "When they were in power they never
bothered about serving the poor," he said.
Modi cautioned the poor to identify such elements who
were creating undue controversies about Garib Kalyan Melas.
He said that the service delivery mechanism has been
transformed into a dedicated force and they were making
concerted efforts to help the poor.
"It (mela) is about improving the living conditions of
the poor in the state," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das