Undue controversies created about garib kalyan melas: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said his detractors are creating undue
controversies over Garib Kalyan Melas, which according to him
are initiatives by his government to reach out to the
underprivileged sections of the state.
"The Garib Kalyan Melas have ended tyranny of the
middlemen. Like satyagrah which led us to independence, these
Melas would help us achieve the ultimate goal of good
governance," Modi said while addressing one such mela in
Anklav taluka of Anand district.
Modi said that some elements were engaged in creating
controversies about the financial aid being given out poor
through these melas. "When they were in power they never
bothered about serving the poor," he said.
Modi cautioned the poor to identify such elements who
were creating undue controversies about Garib Kalyan Melas.
He said that the service delivery mechanism has been
transformed into a dedicated force and they were making
concerted efforts to help the poor.
"It (mela) is about improving the living conditions of
the poor in the state," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP