Undue controversies created about garib kalyan melas: Modi
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi today said his detractors are creating undue
controversies over Garib Kalyan Melas, which according to him
are initiatives by his government to reach out to the
underprivileged sections of the state.
"The Garib Kalyan Melas have ended tyranny of the
middlemen. Like satyagrah which led us to independence, these
Melas would help us achieve the ultimate goal of good
governance," Modi said while addressing one such mela in
Anklav taluka of Anand district.
Modi said that some elements were engaged in creating
controversies about the financial aid being given out poor
through these melas. "When they were in power they never
bothered about serving the poor," he said.
Modi cautioned the poor to identify such elements who
were creating undue controversies about Garib Kalyan Melas.
He said that the service delivery mechanism has been
transformed into a dedicated force and they were making
concerted efforts to help the poor.
"It (mela) is about improving the living conditions of
the poor in the state," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Karan Singh Grover had a great time at 'The Kapil Sharma Show', wants to visit again!
- Delhi L-G Najeeb Jung refuses AAP govt’s proposed app-based premium bus service scheme
- Final phase of Q4 results, progress of monsoon to guide market
- Attention tax evaders: From June 1, declare black money and come clean or else....
- Saqib Saleem all praises for Radhika Apte's 'knockout performance' in 'Phobia'!