UPA government is paralyzed: Narendra Modi
Amreli: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
on Friday said that time had come "to wake up" the UPA government
which was in a state of paralysis.
"I have never seen a government which is not working.
Even if a municipality stops working, the city is doomed. Here
the central government is paralysed for the last one year,"
Modi said after his day-long Sadbhavna fast here.
"They have not been able to do any public work in the
last one year....future of the country is at stake.
"I have time and again told the Prime Minister that
allow us to install gates on Narmada dam, without giving us
permission to close them. The installation of gates will take
two years. We are saying, do not allow us to close the gates
so that more area will not be submerged till proper
rehabilitation is done. But they do not understand our point.
They are just sitting on the proposal," he said.
"The only work the Centre has done in the last one year
is to steal some percentage of OBC quota and give it to the
minorities, trying to play vote-bank politics.
"Here in Gujarat we have decided not to go for
appeasement of a particular section....we have opened the
doors of opportunity for all the sections of society.
`Appeasement for none, development for all` is our motto," he
During the speech, Modi announced 2,200 new development
works worth Rs 1,111 crore for Amreli district. He also
announced allocation of Rs 300 crore for Balapur irrigation
project and Santli dam project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister