UPA government is paralyzed: Narendra Modi
Amreli: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
on Friday said that time had come "to wake up" the UPA government
which was in a state of paralysis.
"I have never seen a government which is not working.
Even if a municipality stops working, the city is doomed. Here
the central government is paralysed for the last one year,"
Modi said after his day-long Sadbhavna fast here.
"They have not been able to do any public work in the
last one year....future of the country is at stake.
"I have time and again told the Prime Minister that
allow us to install gates on Narmada dam, without giving us
permission to close them. The installation of gates will take
two years. We are saying, do not allow us to close the gates
so that more area will not be submerged till proper
rehabilitation is done. But they do not understand our point.
They are just sitting on the proposal," he said.
"The only work the Centre has done in the last one year
is to steal some percentage of OBC quota and give it to the
minorities, trying to play vote-bank politics.
"Here in Gujarat we have decided not to go for
appeasement of a particular section....we have opened the
doors of opportunity for all the sections of society.
`Appeasement for none, development for all` is our motto," he
During the speech, Modi announced 2,200 new development
works worth Rs 1,111 crore for Amreli district. He also
announced allocation of Rs 300 crore for Balapur irrigation
project and Santli dam project.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'