Uproar in Assembly over inclusion of Gandhinagar in JNNURM
Gandhinaga: The Gujarat Assembly Friday
witnessed a heated debate on the issue of inclusion of state
capital Gandhinagar in the Jawaharlal Nehru Urban Renewal
Mission (JNNURM) with the ruling and opposition parties
trading charges on each other.
Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel alleged that
repeated requests of the state government on inclusion of
Gandhinagar and home town of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Karamsad
in JNNURM to the Centre, has failed to evoke response so far.
The issue came up for discussion on the question of
Vadodara BJP MLA Bhupendra Lakhawala, who wished to know how
many times the state government had asked the Centre for
inclusion of Gandhinagar in JNNURM.
"The Chief Minister during his meeting with Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh had requested for inclusion of state
capital Gandhinagar. We have written letter many times to the
Union Urban development ministry but there is no response,"
Patel claimed that Porbandar, the birth place of Father
of Nation Mahatma Gandhi was included under the JNNURM
after a delay of three years.
The Congress refuted the charges of the minister by
saying that Gandhinagar cannot be included under the JNNURM as
the capital did not have an elected body.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo