US lawmaker praises Modi for his extraordinary leadership
Washington: An American lawmaker has asked the US government to "support openly and fully" the vision and ideas of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, observing that because of his extraordinary leadership his state is now an economic powerhouse of the country.
"With such accomplishment, it is my sincere hope that the United States will take a new look at Gujarat and support more openly and fully the ideas of CM Modi as he works for the betterment of the world`s economy by creating jobs at home and abroad for purposes of improving the lives of people across the globe," Congressman FN Faleomavaega said in his speech on floor of the US House of Representatives on Wednesday.
A non-voting delegate to the US House of Representatives, Faleomavaega represents America Samoa in the US Congress and is a Democratic Ranking Member to the House Foreign Affairs Sub Committee on Asia, the Pacific and the Global Environment.
He is the only American Congressman to have come out in open support of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the 113th Congress.
The Republican Congressman from Illinois, who supported Modi in the previous 112th Congress, lost the November Congressional Elections.
"Shri Modi`s vision is rare. His leadership is remarkable."
"Because of his extraordinary leadership, Gujarat is now an economic powerhouse with companies like Ford and General Motors also setting up factories in a move that promises to strengthen US-India trade and investment," Faleomavaega said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO