US lawmaker praises Modi for his extraordinary leadership
Washington: An American lawmaker has asked the US government to "support openly and fully" the vision and ideas of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, observing that because of his extraordinary leadership his state is now an economic powerhouse of the country.
"With such accomplishment, it is my sincere hope that the United States will take a new look at Gujarat and support more openly and fully the ideas of CM Modi as he works for the betterment of the world`s economy by creating jobs at home and abroad for purposes of improving the lives of people across the globe," Congressman FN Faleomavaega said in his speech on floor of the US House of Representatives on Wednesday.
A non-voting delegate to the US House of Representatives, Faleomavaega represents America Samoa in the US Congress and is a Democratic Ranking Member to the House Foreign Affairs Sub Committee on Asia, the Pacific and the Global Environment.
He is the only American Congressman to have come out in open support of the Gujarat Chief Minister in the 113th Congress.
The Republican Congressman from Illinois, who supported Modi in the previous 112th Congress, lost the November Congressional Elections.
"Shri Modi`s vision is rare. His leadership is remarkable."
"Because of his extraordinary leadership, Gujarat is now an economic powerhouse with companies like Ford and General Motors also setting up factories in a move that promises to strengthen US-India trade and investment," Faleomavaega said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living