Vadodara hooch toll rises to five
Vadodara: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit a village near here last week has gone up to five, police said on Saturday.
Chhotabhai Nanabhai Tadvi, who was under treatment at a hospital here, died last night, they said.
A woman is among those who died after consuming illicit liquor in Panej village about 10 days ago. Over a dozen affected persons are still undergoing treatment in the hospital here, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the tragedy and three bootleggers, including a couple, have been arrested.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the liquor consumed by villagers was spiked with pesticide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon