Vadodara hooch toll rises to five
Vadodara: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit a village near here last week has gone up to five, police said on Saturday.
Chhotabhai Nanabhai Tadvi, who was under treatment at a hospital here, died last night, they said.
A woman is among those who died after consuming illicit liquor in Panej village about 10 days ago. Over a dozen affected persons are still undergoing treatment in the hospital here, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the tragedy and three bootleggers, including a couple, have been arrested.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the liquor consumed by villagers was spiked with pesticide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend