Vadodara hooch toll rises to five
Vadodara: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit a village near here last week has gone up to five, police said on Saturday.
Chhotabhai Nanabhai Tadvi, who was under treatment at a hospital here, died last night, they said.
A woman is among those who died after consuming illicit liquor in Panej village about 10 days ago. Over a dozen affected persons are still undergoing treatment in the hospital here, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the tragedy and three bootleggers, including a couple, have been arrested.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the liquor consumed by villagers was spiked with pesticide, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?