Vadodara hooch toll rises to five
Vadodara: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit a village near here last week has gone up to five, police said on Saturday.
The latest victim, Chhotabhai Nanabhai Tadvi, who was under treatment in a hospital here, died last night, they said.
A woman is among those who died after consuming illicit liquor in Panej village about ten days ago. Over a dozen affected persons are still undergoing treatment in the hospital here, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the tragedy and three bootleggers, including a couple, have been arrested.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the liquor consumed by villagers was spiked with pesticide, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj