Vadodara hooch toll rises to five
Vadodara: The death toll in the hooch tragedy that hit a village near here last week has gone up to five, police said on Saturday.
The latest victim, Chhotabhai Nanabhai Tadvi, who was under treatment in a hospital here, died last night, they said.
A woman is among those who died after consuming illicit liquor in Panej village about ten days ago. Over a dozen affected persons are still undergoing treatment in the hospital here, police said.
An inquiry has been ordered into the tragedy and three bootleggers, including a couple, have been arrested.
Preliminary investigations have revealed that the liquor consumed by villagers was spiked with pesticide, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row