Vadodara mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Vadodara: People from all walks of life on Sunday joined in unison in paying tribute to 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim who lost her battle of life in a Singapore hospital yesterday.
City-based women`s organisations and NGOs held a solidarity march to recall the grit of the girl and at the same time sought speedy justice to perpetrators of crime against women.
The mortal remains of the victim were consigned to flames in Delhi.
Independent MP (Rajya Sabha) Parimal Nathwani said on the occasion that the agonising death of the girl has shaken the conscience of the nation.
"It was very sad to hear that the rape victim succumbed to her injuries. This shows the intensity of the brutality she had gone through. However, her fight will not go in vain as it has awakened the country", he said, adding the girl`s death has brought on the anvil the need to have stringent laws and swift punishment in such cases.
Bakulesh Gupta, founder chairman of Gujarat public school and Urmi school, said it was the responsibility of the government to ensure safety of women.
Dr Jayesh Patel, chairman of Parul group of institutes, said enacting stricter laws will serve as a deterrent in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video