Vadodara mourns death of Delhi gang-rape victim
Vadodara: People from all walks of life on Sunday joined in unison in paying tribute to 23-year-old Delhi gang-rape victim who lost her battle of life in a Singapore hospital yesterday.
City-based women`s organisations and NGOs held a solidarity march to recall the grit of the girl and at the same time sought speedy justice to perpetrators of crime against women.
The mortal remains of the victim were consigned to flames in Delhi.
Independent MP (Rajya Sabha) Parimal Nathwani said on the occasion that the agonising death of the girl has shaken the conscience of the nation.
"It was very sad to hear that the rape victim succumbed to her injuries. This shows the intensity of the brutality she had gone through. However, her fight will not go in vain as it has awakened the country", he said, adding the girl`s death has brought on the anvil the need to have stringent laws and swift punishment in such cases.
Bakulesh Gupta, founder chairman of Gujarat public school and Urmi school, said it was the responsibility of the government to ensure safety of women.
Dr Jayesh Patel, chairman of Parul group of institutes, said enacting stricter laws will serve as a deterrent in such cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city