Vadodara municipal employee held for killing his wife
Vadodara: The man, who had allegedly killed his wife for her inability to bear his child and fled, has been arrested, police said on Sunday.
Jagdish Makwana, an employee of the water department of the Vadodara Municipal Corporation (VMC) has been arrested and hunt is on for two others allegedly involved in the crime, they said.
Makwana had allegedly hit his wife on her head with a wooden stick and killed her in broad daylight three days ago. The incident happened on a road in Bakrawadi, near the Baranpura locality in the presence of several people. He had managed to escape.
Makwana used to fight with his deceased wife Rekha for the last ten years for her inability to conceive a child.
The police is hunting for two others involved in the crime, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state