Vadodara: One arrested for Savli village mishap
Vadodara: Police have arrested one person in
connection with a mishap in January 2010 in Savli village, in
which a newly constructed water tank had sunk in, killing a
minor girl and injuring several others.
Deputy mamlatdar G L Parmar, has been arrested in this
The local court had asked the police to conduct proper
inquiry into the case. The water reservoir was constructed
without following inviting tenders.
AT the time of incident, Parmar was in-charge at Savli.
According to police, Parmar and former president of the local
civic body, Kanak a Patel had flouted all norms in
constructing the water tank, which led to the incident.
Police have launched a search for Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing