Vadodara: One arrested for Savli village mishap
Vadodara: Police have arrested one person in
connection with a mishap in January 2010 in Savli village, in
which a newly constructed water tank had sunk in, killing a
minor girl and injuring several others.
Deputy mamlatdar G L Parmar, has been arrested in this
The local court had asked the police to conduct proper
inquiry into the case. The water reservoir was constructed
without following inviting tenders.
AT the time of incident, Parmar was in-charge at Savli.
According to police, Parmar and former president of the local
civic body, Kanak a Patel had flouted all norms in
constructing the water tank, which led to the incident.
Police have launched a search for Patel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range