Vaju Vala resigns as Speaker of Gujarat Assembly
Ahmedabad: Karnataka Governor-designate Vaju Vala on Saturday submitted his resignation as the Speaker of Gujarat Legislative Assembly to the Deputy Speaker Mangubhai Patel.
"Vala submitted his resignation to me as per the procedure of the assembly," Patel told reporters.
Patel would now function as the acting Speaker.
Vala is likely to take oath as governor of Karnataka on Monday, BJP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites