Vaju Vala resigns as Speaker of Gujarat Assembly
Ahmedabad: Karnataka Governor-designate Vaju Vala on Saturday submitted his resignation as the Speaker of Gujarat Legislative Assembly to the Deputy Speaker Mangubhai Patel.
"Vala submitted his resignation to me as per the procedure of the assembly," Patel told reporters.
Patel would now function as the acting Speaker.
Vala is likely to take oath as governor of Karnataka on Monday, BJP sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video