Vanzara letter: NGO demands Modi`s arrest, Prez rule in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: In the wake of IPS officer DG Vanzara`s explosive letter indicting Chief Minister Narendra Modi over encounter cases, a Gujarat-based NGO on Wednesday demanded his arrest and imposition of President`s rule in the state.
"Vanzara, in his resignation letter, has confessed he was the executioner of the larger conspiracy hatched at the highest level of the Gujarat government. It is time Modi and other Ministers involved in it are arrested and President`s rule imposed in the state," Jan Sangharsh Manch Convener Amrish Patel said at a press conference here.
The NGO is run by advocate Mukul Sinha, who is representing Gopinath Pillai, father of Javed Shaikh alias Pranesh Pillai, who along with three others, including Ishrat Jahan, was killed in a "fake" encounter in 2004.
"Looking at the confessions made by Vanzara, Chief Minister should immediately resign and dissolve the present Assembly. Or else it would be the Constitutional duty of the President to dismiss this Government under Article 356."
In his 10-page resignation letter, Vanzara, lodged in Sabarmati Central Jail in connection with a string of alleged fake encounter cases, said the accused officers and men "simply implemented the conscious policy" of the state government. Vanzara accused the state government, particularly former Minister of State for Home Amit Shah of betraying him and 32 other officers, in jail in encounter killing cases.
He said he used to adore Modi like God, who could not rise to the occasion under the "evil" influence of Shah, a co-accused in Sohrabuddin Sheikh and Tulsiram Prajapati encounter cases.
Criticising the IPS officer, Patel said, "He (Vanzara) has not expressed any remorse whatsoever for the killing of innocent people...It`s not a change of heart on part of D G Vanzara and he deserves no sympathy."
"CBI, which is probing four encounter cases, has also failed to investigate the aspect of larger conspiracy behind all the encounters.
"We, on behalf of our clients, will submit Vanzara`s letter to CBI and demand an investigation of Modi, Amit Shah and other Ministers who were involved in the conspiracy," Patel said.
JSM plans to submit a memorandum to Governor Kamla Beniwal demanding Central rule in the state and also plans to move Gujarat High Court in this regard, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh