Varesh Sinha appointed Gujarat`s Chief Secretary
Ahmedabad: Varesh Sinha, a 1977 batch IAS officer, was on Monday appointed as the Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
Sinha will take charge from February 1, officials said.
He will replace AK Joti who will retire next Thursday.
At present, Sinha is additional chief secretary in the Gujarat government`s finance department.
Earlier, he served as principal secretary in the home department as well as the labour and employment department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon