Varesh Sinha appointed Gujarat`s Chief Secretary
Ahmedabad: Varesh Sinha, a 1977 batch IAS officer, was on Monday appointed as the Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
Sinha will take charge from February 1, officials said.
He will replace AK Joti who will retire next Thursday.
At present, Sinha is additional chief secretary in the Gujarat government`s finance department.
Earlier, he served as principal secretary in the home department as well as the labour and employment department.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani