Varesh Sinha appointed Gujarat`s Chief Secretary
Ahmedabad: Varesh Sinha, a 1977 batch IAS officer, was on Monday appointed as the Chief Secretary of Gujarat.
Sinha will take charge from February 1, officials said.
He will replace AK Joti who will retire next Thursday.
At present, Sinha is additional chief secretary in the Gujarat government`s finance department.
Earlier, he served as principal secretary in the home department as well as the labour and employment department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH