VHP alleges conspiracy by Modi govt to `terrorise` it
Ahmedabad: Amid clear indications of growing divide between Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Sangh Parivar outfit on Monday accused the BJP government of trying to "terrorise" it by sending policemen to its now defunct office.
The saffron outfit made the allegation in a legal notice sent to the Police Commissioner of Ahmedabad through its advocate Deepak Shukla in which it has cited an incident of five police officers visiting VHP`s office, which had not been used by the organisation in the past 20 years.
VHP said the police personnel entered its premise on April 19 without intimation and on the pretext of alleged security alert.
"Despite knowing fully well that it was not VHP`s working office for the last 20 years, what was the reason for those policemen to go there and question the only lady family member of a driver who is our employee," said the notice.
The notice also complained about past incidents where state VHP office-bearers were falsely implicated in criminal cases and "even Pravin Togadia was sent a threat letter by Gujarat police, threatening him of death".
VHP has alleged in the notice, "policemen were sent to terrorise it because it has requested the chief minister not to seek death penalty to Maya Kodnani, Babu Bajrangi and others.
They were convicted in Naroda Patiya massacre case of 2002 post-Godhra riots.
"We fear a deep conspiracy behind such an action of sending the policemen using a false excuse and we fear for the lives of each worker...And liability of any loss or damage to the life of any VHP members or their family or of Pravin Togadia, will be solely of Gujarat police and Gujarat State," the notice added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'