VHP attacks BJP govt in Gujarat on Asaram Bapu issue
Allahabad: Slamming the BJP government in Gujarat for the recent action against Asaram Bapu, the VHP today said it was an insult to Hindu sentiments and asked the
party leadership to intervene and ensure the release of all the arrested followers of the Godman and withdrawal of cases against them.
"The deplorable action against Asaram Bapu has caused grave insult to the sentiments of millions of Hindus across the country. This is yet another instance of the
conspiratorial proselytisation drive by the Church, which has been facing difficulties due to Bapu’s work among tribals", VHP President Ashok Singhal told reporters at his residence here.
Singhal said as Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi "appears to be bogged down by the weight of false litigations relating to Godhra riots and its aftermath and it becomes the
duty of the BJP high command to help him rein in the state DGP Shabbir Husain who appears to be working as per the diktats of the Church."
The comments from the Sangh Parivar leader assumes significance given the pro-active involvement of the RSS in BJP’s affairs of late which is perceived to have led to the
latest change of guard in the party.
A criminal case under Section 307 IPC and 25 of the Arms Act was registered against Asaram Bapu and two others earlier this month for allegedly attempting to murder Raju
Chandak, who had testified against the religious guru before the D K Trivedi Commission probing the mysterious death of two boys at his ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents