VHP protests against Pakistan singer Atif Aslam`s Ahmedabad concert
Ahmedabad: Thirteen Vishwa Hindu Parishad activists, who staged a protest against Pakistani singer Atif Aslam`s concert to be held on Saturday, were detained here on Wednesday.
"They had not obtained permission for the demonstration. They were detained in the afternoon and were produced in a court before being released," a police officer said.
VHP`s Jay Shah said the activists were protesting in a democratic manner, and demanded that the concert to be held at Sardar Patel Stadium be cancelled.
"When Pakistan does not allow release of Indian films, why should we allow their singers to hold concerts in Gujarat?" Shah asked.
A Pakistani court yesterday imposed restrictions on the screening of Indian films in that country. Shah said VHP`s protest would continue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future