VHP to launch stir against communal violence bill
Rajkot: Describing the proposed Prevention
of Communal and Targeted Violence (PCTV) bill as
anti-majority, Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) on Wednesday said it would
launch a nation-wide agitation to create awareness against it.
VHP Rajkot unit leader, Chaman Sindhav, said with the
support of religious leaders from various Hindu sects, the
organisation would start its agitation on July 23.
Religious leader Swami Parmatmanandji, who was present on
the occasion, dubbed the bill as "inhuman" and against the
Constitution, and said UPA government was doing injustice to
Hindus in bringing this bill and attempting appeasement of
It was a vote-bank politics, he said, claiming that the
bill seeks to punish "victims of communal violence which
mainly are Hindus".
He said the bill would not be implemented in Kashmir and
other parts of the country where Hindus were a minority, which
was an anti-Hindu decision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday