Vikhe-Patil, senior Congress leader, backs Anna Hazare
Ahmednagar: Senior Congress leader and
former union minister Balasaheb Vikhe-Patil on Thursday said that he
supported social activist Anna Hazare`s anti-corruption
"Hazare is a truly inspired the by the philosophy of
Indian freedom struggle and Mahatma Gandhi. As a true
Congressman and his old colleague, I support his movement for
corruption-free India," Vikhe-Patil said at Ralegan
Siddhi, Hazare`s native village.
Nation must come first for any Congressman, he added.
The senior Congress leader earlier met Hazare.
Hazare had served the nation selflessly for more than
three decades and no one should doubt his intentions and
integrity, Vikhe-Patil added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing