Villager shot dead; burnt in Vadodara
Vadodara: A villager was shot dead and later burnt at Rajawat Chikhali village allegedy by a sarpanch there over a land dispute, police said Friday.
The incident took place last night after the accused village sarpanch Ganjibhai Rathwa and three others fired at Bharesh Rathwa, killing him on the spot, they said.
They later disposed off his body by burning it in a field, police said.
The deceased was embroiled in a land dispute with the sarpanch and three others, who are yet to be identified, they said adding investigations are on.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference