Voting for presidential elections begins in Guj
Gandhinagar: Voting for the presidential election began here on Thursday morning where Guajrat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was amongst the first few to cast his vote.
Modi arrived at the polling booth located in the Gujarat Assembly premises just before the official time of voting at 10:00 hrs and casted his vote.
Polling was brisk in the morning as one day assembly session of Gujarat legislative assembly is also scheduled today.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Arjun Modhwadia and leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil were also amongst the few MLAs who casted their vote.
In the first hour around 70 MLAs and MPs also casted their votes, official sources said.
The Presidential election is being contested by UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee and BJP supported P A Sangma.
Both Mukherjee and Sangma had visited Gujarat to campaign for the presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!