Voting for presidential elections begins in Guj
Gandhinagar: Voting for the presidential election began here on Thursday morning where Guajrat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was amongst the first few to cast his vote.
Modi arrived at the polling booth located in the Gujarat Assembly premises just before the official time of voting at 10:00 hrs and casted his vote.
Polling was brisk in the morning as one day assembly session of Gujarat legislative assembly is also scheduled today.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Arjun Modhwadia and leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil were also amongst the few MLAs who casted their vote.
In the first hour around 70 MLAs and MPs also casted their votes, official sources said.
The Presidential election is being contested by UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee and BJP supported P A Sangma.
Both Mukherjee and Sangma had visited Gujarat to campaign for the presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’