Voting for presidential elections begins in Guj
Gandhinagar: Voting for the presidential election began here on Thursday morning where Guajrat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was amongst the first few to cast his vote.
Modi arrived at the polling booth located in the Gujarat Assembly premises just before the official time of voting at 10:00 hrs and casted his vote.
Polling was brisk in the morning as one day assembly session of Gujarat legislative assembly is also scheduled today.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Arjun Modhwadia and leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil were also amongst the few MLAs who casted their vote.
In the first hour around 70 MLAs and MPs also casted their votes, official sources said.
The Presidential election is being contested by UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee and BJP supported P A Sangma.
Both Mukherjee and Sangma had visited Gujarat to campaign for the presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?