Voting for presidential elections begins in Guj
Gandhinagar: Voting for the presidential election began here on Thursday morning where Guajrat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was amongst the first few to cast his vote.
Modi arrived at the polling booth located in the Gujarat Assembly premises just before the official time of voting at 10:00 hrs and casted his vote.
Polling was brisk in the morning as one day assembly session of Gujarat legislative assembly is also scheduled today.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Arjun Modhwadia and leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil were also amongst the few MLAs who casted their vote.
In the first hour around 70 MLAs and MPs also casted their votes, official sources said.
The Presidential election is being contested by UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee and BJP supported P A Sangma.
Both Mukherjee and Sangma had visited Gujarat to campaign for the presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!