Voting for presidential elections begins in Guj
Gandhinagar: Voting for the presidential election began here on Thursday morning where Guajrat Chief Minister Narendra Modi was amongst the first few to cast his vote.
Modi arrived at the polling booth located in the Gujarat Assembly premises just before the official time of voting at 10:00 hrs and casted his vote.
Polling was brisk in the morning as one day assembly session of Gujarat legislative assembly is also scheduled today.
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) President Arjun Modhwadia and leader of opposition Shaktisinh Gohil were also amongst the few MLAs who casted their vote.
In the first hour around 70 MLAs and MPs also casted their votes, official sources said.
The Presidential election is being contested by UPA nominee Pranab Mukherjee and BJP supported P A Sangma.
Both Mukherjee and Sangma had visited Gujarat to campaign for the presidential elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown