Voting in Guj municipal corporation polls lacklustre
Ahmedabad: Voting for the elections of six municipal corporations in Gujarat being held on Sunday was lacklustre in the first couple of hours.
In the first two hours, average six to ten percent voting was recorded in all the six municipal corporation areas of the city. Queues were witnessed in only some voting booths.
Senior leaders of Congress and BJP also exercised their franchise.
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi told reporters, "I have cast my vote today on 10-10-10 (October, 10, 2010) at 10.10 am."
BJP has been winning all elections in the state for the last 15 to 20 years. The party is wedded to development and people of Gujarat will vote for development this time
also. We will win this elections," Modi further said.
Congress leaders like Narhari Amin have also voted in
the early hours of the day.
Over 2,100 candidates are in fray for more than 558 seats for elections in six municipal corporations in Gujarat as ruling BJP and the Opposition Congress had campaigned
extensively and had also roped in national leaders for local polls.
All the six municipal corporations - Ahmedabad, Surat, Rajkot, Vadodara, Jamangar and Bhavnagar were won by the BJP in the last elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Captured: Witness 70 tiger sharks ripping apart a dead whale! - Watch video
- Indian Premier League 2016, Match 56: Delhi Daredevils vs Royal Challengers Bangalore — As it happened...
- Revealed! Alia Bhatt to essay the role of a rape victim in 'Udta Punjab'
- This Gurudwara in Iran is a must-visit for Indians, PM Modi too visited on Sunday
- Check out: 7 ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL things to do in Kovalam beach, Kerala!