Wanted Naxalite from Bihar arrested from Navsari
Navsari (Guj): A wanted Naxalite from Bihar was arrested here Wednesday by police Special Operations Group (SOG), officials said.
"Rajesh Rai alias Pavan, a resident of Bihar`s Chhapra district, is involved in more than 20 offences like dacoity, murder and Naxalite activities. He is the member of a banned organisation," SOG police inspector Chetan Goswami told a news agency.
Two of his accomplices identified as Dhanay Kumar Sukesa and Sanoj Ratilal Sahani, who provided him SIM cards and shelter have also been arrested, he said.
"The Bihar government had announced Rs 25,000 as prize money for his arrest," he said.
Sukesa, who worked as a truck driver in Surat, originally hails from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, while Sahani who hails from Bihar`s Rohtas district worked in a local Surat port, the police said.
Pavan, who was wanted by the Bihar police, was asked by his accomplices to come to Gujarat to develop his network here, officials said.
Based on a tip-off, the Bihar police and the Gujarat police SOG nabbed Pavan and his friends today, in a combined operation.
A case has been registered against the trio and further investigations are on, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?