Wanted Naxalite from Bihar arrested from Navsari
Navsari (Guj): A wanted Naxalite from Bihar was arrested here Wednesday by police Special Operations Group (SOG), officials said.
"Rajesh Rai alias Pavan, a resident of Bihar`s Chhapra district, is involved in more than 20 offences like dacoity, murder and Naxalite activities. He is the member of a banned organisation," SOG police inspector Chetan Goswami told a news agency.
Two of his accomplices identified as Dhanay Kumar Sukesa and Sanoj Ratilal Sahani, who provided him SIM cards and shelter have also been arrested, he said.
"The Bihar government had announced Rs 25,000 as prize money for his arrest," he said.
Sukesa, who worked as a truck driver in Surat, originally hails from Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district, while Sahani who hails from Bihar`s Rohtas district worked in a local Surat port, the police said.
Pavan, who was wanted by the Bihar police, was asked by his accomplices to come to Gujarat to develop his network here, officials said.
Based on a tip-off, the Bihar police and the Gujarat police SOG nabbed Pavan and his friends today, in a combined operation.
A case has been registered against the trio and further investigations are on, the police said.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept
- Indian Premier League, Match 28: Gujarat Lions vs Kings XI Punjab - Preview
- Indian Premier League, Match 29: Rising Pune Supergiants vs Mumbai Indians - Preview
- Draft Bill for statehood of Delhi is ready: CM Arvind Kejriwal