Wet wheat at Vadodara railway yard can be retrieve
Vadodara: The wheat which got wet in the rain at Vadodara railway yard can be retrieved fully by drying it, Union Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki said here on Monday.
BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla had claimed yesterday that some 54,000 wheat bags got soaked, because Food Corporation of India and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) had kept them in the open.
Solanki said here that the goods train loaded with wheat bags from Mandideep (Madhya Pradesh) reached Vadodara goods shed on August 10.
The wagons were being unloaded by a private contractor and the bags were to be taken to a depot located about 4.5 km from the shed. According to Solanki, there were total of 54,000 bags, of which 30,000 were moved to the depot and remaining were lying at the shed when the rain started.
According to V K Tyagi, regional manager of CWC, even these bags were covered with tarpaulin, and only about 2,000 bags on the sides of the heaps became wet.
Solanki said that according to CWC officials, the wheat was not damaged, and it could be dried at the depot.
Union Agriculture Ministry would decide how to use this wheat later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt