Wet wheat at Vadodara railway yard can be retrieve
Vadodara: The wheat which got wet in the rain at Vadodara railway yard can be retrieved fully by drying it, Union Minister of State for Railways Bharatsinh Solanki said here on Monday.
BJP MP Balkrishna Shukla had claimed yesterday that some 54,000 wheat bags got soaked, because Food Corporation of India and Central Warehousing Corporation (CWC) had kept them in the open.
Solanki said here that the goods train loaded with wheat bags from Mandideep (Madhya Pradesh) reached Vadodara goods shed on August 10.
The wagons were being unloaded by a private contractor and the bags were to be taken to a depot located about 4.5 km from the shed. According to Solanki, there were total of 54,000 bags, of which 30,000 were moved to the depot and remaining were lying at the shed when the rain started.
According to V K Tyagi, regional manager of CWC, even these bags were covered with tarpaulin, and only about 2,000 bags on the sides of the heaps became wet.
Solanki said that according to CWC officials, the wheat was not damaged, and it could be dried at the depot.
Union Agriculture Ministry would decide how to use this wheat later, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks