Where is Asaram Bapu`s son Narayan Sai?
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The whereabouts of Narayan Sai, the son of religious leader Asaram Bapu, still remain unknown.
Two sisters have lodged two separate complaints against Asaram and his son, accusing the father-son duo of raping them in ashrams in Gujarat. The sisters also accused Asaram`s wife Laxmi and daughter Bharti of threatening them.
Asaram is already in jail in another rape case.
Besides issuing a lookout notice for Narayan Sai, the Surat police have formed a special investigation team to investigate the case.
On Tuesday, the Surat Police expressed fears that Sai may have fled the country via the Nepal border.
A police team, which has been formed by Ahmedabad Police Commissioner Shivanand Jha to probe the sexual assault case against Asaram, reached Surat on Monday evening to collect vital clues.
The elder sister in her complaint accused Asaram of repeated sexual assault between 1997 and 2006 during the time she had been living in his ashram on the outskirts of Ahmedabad city.
The younger sister filed a complaint against Asaram`s son, accusing him of repeated sexual assault between 2002 and 2005 when she was living in their Surat ashram.
The complaint against Sai was registered at Jehangirpura police station in Surat, while the one against his father Asaram was transferred to Chandkheda police station in Ahmedabad as the alleged incident took place there.
Asaram, 72, was arrested in August on charges of sexually assaulting a minor girl and has been in prison in Jodhpur since then.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional