‘White paper on black money nothing but blatant lies’
Ahmedabad: Lashing out at Congress-led UPA government, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said that the white paper on black money released by the Centre was nothing but `blatant lies`.
Last Monday, the government tabled a White Paper on black money in Parliament which did not disclose any name but made a strong case for setting up Lokpal and Lokayuktas to deal with the menace.
"The White Paper on black money released by the Centre is nothing but blatant lies," Modi said while speaking at 71st General Meeting of South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry(SGCCI) in Surat.
"Although the Centre has released White Paper on black money, but I don`t think anybody would have even read it, because there is nothing to read in it. It appears to be just a blank white paper," he said.
Lashing out at the Centre, Modi said that at a time when entire nation was fed up with the issue of black money, the Centre had not been able to muster courage and say something concrete over it.
Meanwhile, Modi also announced that a new attractive textile policy aiming at value addition would soon be announced by the state government.
"The state government will soon announce an attractive and progressive textile policy for cotton focussed on five `Fs`-Farm, Fibre, Fabric, Fashion and Foreign," Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details
- How to prevent obesity, eating disorders in teenagers
- Flood situation in Bihar under control: CM Nitish Kumar
- Teenaged Dalit girl gang-raped in UP's Aligarh
- Stem Cell treatment is effective in recovery of spinal injuries