Why Centre keen about CBI probe in Ishrat case, asks Guj govt
Ahmedabad: The state government today
filed an affidavit in the Gujarat High Court questioning the
keenness of Central government for a CBI probe on Ishrat Jahan
and three others encounter.
In an affidavit filed by secretary of home department
T S Bist before the division bench of Justice Jayant Patel
and Justice Abhilasha Kumari, the state has strongly objected
to transfer of probe to CBI in the case, which has been
demanded by kin of those killed in encounter.
In serious terrorist attacks, like the attack on Indian
Parliament, 26/11 terror attack on Mumbai, Akshardham
terrorist attack case or the Ahmedabad serial blast case, the
police of respective states have investigated successfully,
the affidavit said.
Also in Gujarat the number of encounters is very less
as compared to other states bordering Pakistan, it added.
"The Centre may be called upon to point out as to in
how many cases in these states it has shown its keen
overzealous preparedness to take up investigation through
CBI," the affidavit stated.
Ishrat was gunned down by Gujarat police along with
Javed Ghulam Sheikh alias Pranesh Kumar Pillai, Amjad Ali
alias Rajkumar Akbar Ali Rana and Jisan Johar Abdul Gani in
Ahmedabad on June 15, 2004.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read